City Adventures

Hello from Pittsburgh!

It is Wednesday, January 23, 2008 and we are slowly getting ready for bed. So far, time here has flown by. Last Friday, we received our cars, which was super nice! I had my first homesick cry on the phone with my mom, but all is well now. We had a wonderful weekend!

Friday night we went to dinner and a movie. We saw Mad Money which was pretty good. Cute, funny, interesting, etc. The theater was just a standard theater. Excuse me Brenda, thee-A-ter :) hehe! Then on Saturday, we explored the city. We took the Duquesne (pronounce doo-cane) Incline up to the top of Mt. Washington, which is not a mountain, it's a cliff top, and got to see the whole city. It was spectacular, although freezing. We went to a small coffee shop and enjoyed gourmet coffee, then went back down the cliff, and walked around a *cough*ghetto*cough* mall.. it actually wasn't THAT bad, but I doubt we'll go back unless we we want to eat at Hard Rock Cafe, Hooters, or go to a killer Steelers/Pirates/Penguins fan shop! Then that night we had diner again, went to The Improv and saw John Reep who won last comic standing - he was hilarious! Then we went to the bar called UGLY, owned by Buck's co-host Bubba. Sunday we tried a different movie theater. It was AMAZING! VIP leather seating, a full restaurant/bar, awesome surround sound, tons of arcade games, and an outdoor mall area which is very nice. There is so much to do in that area. It's called West Homestead by the way.

So it was a really nice weekend. I'll try and get some pictures up tonight, or maybe tomorrow.... Monday our belongings arrived! WOOHOO! I have clothes and I can cook! So the past 3 days have been busily spent unpacking, hanging clothes, washing dishes, doing laundry, etc. It's been crazy, but it's looking more and more like "home" everyday.

Next step... Ali gets a job. I had another interview today with American Eagle Outfitters Headquarters. The position is for a lease analyst. Don't ask me what they do, If I get the job, then I'll explain. So they said I should hear back by Friday whether or not I am asked back for a second interview. PLEASE say your prayers and keep your fingers crossed for me. Thanks!

So everything is going really well. Buck is still trying to finally kick his sickness, which isn't helping that everyone at work is sick. Buck just as a cough, that fun stuff that sticks to your lungs and you can't cough it out no matter how hard you try. We're both trying to work out more since we have a free gym on the 2nd floor of our building. I try and work out most mornings, and Buck is slowly getting back into it as he feels better and can breathe better.

My mom comes to visit us in exactly 2 weeks from today! I am ecstatic! It'll be such a blast, and she'll be here for one week. Our first visitor!!

Well kids, I am off to bed. We miss and love you all. More updates to come, I'll get better and more frequent at this, I promise!!

Ali & Buck

0 comments: