Ali Got A Job!

WOO-HOO!!!!

Hey everyone, it's Ali, and you guessed it by the title of this blog - I got a job!

My position is a Lease Analyst working for American Eagle Outfitters. Their corporate world headquarters is here in Pittsburgh! Well, technically, Warrendale, which is a 20 minute drive North of Pittsburgh. It's half the distance I drove when I was working for Nike, so I'm pleased with that! I start work on Monday, February 18, 2007, which is super nice, because my mom comes to visit us this week on Wednesday, and leaves the following Wednesday, so I can spend a FULL week with here, and then start work the following week.

So many of you are probably wondering what a Lease Analyst is, or what the job entails. It's half real estate knowledge and half accounting/finance. I am really excited to learn and grow with the company, have a nice discount on their clothes, and be making an income again. The purpose of this job is to be responsible for reviewing rental invoices and resolving invoice issues. My responsibilities include:

• Analyzing rental expenses for stores
• Approving and scheduling all payments to Landlords
• Resolving invoice disputes through phone and email follow-up with mall offices
• Tracking monthly and annual expenses
• Training new and existing associates
• Keying and scheduling invoices for payments
• Working on special projects, as assigned
• Performing other assigned duties

Well there you have it! Should be interesting and after working there for about a month, I'll update you all on how I like it, etc.

Many people don't know how many different aspects there are of American Eagle (AE).

American Eagle (clothing & accessories targeted to 15-25 years of age, both men and women)
Martin + Osa (clothing and accessories targeted to 25-40+ years of age, both men and women)
aerie (lingerie and pajamas targeted to no specific age group, but younger rather than older, for women)
77 kids (clothing and accessories targeted to babies and kids, both boys and girls)

So far, there are no stores for Martin+Osa or 77 kids. Only online. Actually, 77 kids isn't even online yet. But don't worry, it will be soon, and all my friends and family will be able to enjoy my discount! I get 40% off regular priced items and 25% off sale items. So yes, we will go shopping together. Even if it has to be online.

Well that's about it! To congratulate me, Buck had roses delivered to our home! He is so sweet to me! And then we went out to dinner to an extremely nice restaurant called The Capital Grille. They even brought us complimentary glasses of champagne since we were celebrating for my new job! You can see a picture of my beautiful roses below.

I hope you enjoyed the blog, and as always, I hope you are doing well.
Love & Hugs,
Ali (& Buck)

0 comments: