Remembering Myron Cope



Myron Cope passed away this morning, at the age of 79. Myron was a living legend here in Pittsburgh. He was the voice of the Pittsburgh Steelers for 35 years. Not only was he known for some of his famous sayings, he also donated lots of time and money to local charities and treatment centers. Myron was also the inventor of the famous Terrible Towel. When the Pittsburgh Steelers were going through a rough time, with little fans, he told everyone to grab a towel from their kitchen and bring it to the next game. The players hated the idea, calling him "crazy" and calling his idea "terrible," hence the name "terrible towel." Though I never met him or knew him, I am now a Pittsburgher and even I know, he will be missed. I have posted a video of Buck & Bubba, B94, The Mayor, and Steelers owner, if you care to watch it. It's a great video. Enjoy! And Thank You!


Yes, that's Buck at the start of the video. They organized the whole event!


(Yes, that is Buck - my baby!)

0 comments: