Hey Everyone! The weather is warming up in parts of the nation, and we hope you all are beginning to come out of your winter slumps. With warmer weather, the birds all come back, from migrating south for the winters. There are some different birds here in PA that I have never seen living in Oregon my whole life. I can't say the same for Buck, seeing as how he's lived in many different places, but then again, you can't tell me he was ever looking for neat birds. Anyway, the story starts here:
Last weekend we drove out to Monroeville to check out ProSource Floorcoverings. We did pick out some carpet and hardwood for the new house, however, that's not what the story is about. As we were driving home, on the highway, or parkway as they call it here, a giant Turkey Buzzard was perched on the cement barrier in the middle of the highway, and decided to spread its wings to fly RIGHT in front of our car. I think Buck had his first heart attack and I didn't know weather to laugh or cry, but I do know a strange noise bellowed from my vocal chords! So here it is: The Turkey Buzzard who nearly attacked us:
So... yeah... fun times with the Turkey Buzzard.
Some other Western PA Birds I have seen recently include the Cardinal, and the Red Winged Black Bird. I definitely plan on hanging bird feeders around the yard of our new house so that I can see the birds often. Their vibrant colors make me happy watching them. I hope I get to see more colorful birds in due time.
1 comments:
How on earth did you get a picture that quick while it was flying in front of your car? That thing looks scary.
Jenny
Post a Comment