The Humpty Dumpty TV Saga

Where, oh where, to begin....

We finally received the twenty-six foot truck full of our belongings on Wednesday, January 27, 2010, at 4:30 pm, after being held hostage, no, ransom, for three days. That's right, being held at ransom, for an additional $750! Apparently our load was 4,000 lbs. heavier than originally estimated. Yeah, right. Can you believe it? After all the CRAP (for lack of being able to use a stronger word) they put us through! Utter disgust. 

One of the original movers who packed our stuff in Pittsburgh was the truck driver, yet this time he came alone. 'Great. One guy to move ALL our stuff,' we thought. 'Looks like we'll be helping unload the truck.' His name is Deon. Deon the Bulgarian. I found out their whole little company is from Bulgaria. Personally, his name should be Demon. Suitable. Yes, that was mean, I don't care. They put me through a lot of unnecessary stress. Anyway, then a little green Chevy pulled up and out came this lazy-looking guy. Looks were NOT deceiving in this case because lazy he was! However, he was still an extra body to help unload, and after all, we weren't the ones paying him. He had been hired off Craigslist. Of course. An hour and a half into the 'unload' another guy showed up. Literally, up. This guy was high as a kite. Gross; and not to mention, unprofessional. Ugh. C'est la vie.

8:00 pm rolled around after the five of us had worked hard to unload that truck. Driver, Mover #1, Mover #2, Buck and myself ALL helped in order to quicken the process, get our stuff in our house, and get them out of our sights forever. I did inventory as best I could (one week later I'm still pretty sure we have everything) while the guys brought things in and placed them in the correct room on the correct floor of our home. Once all was said and done, as happy as I was to have all my stuff back, it still broke my heart to have to fork out another $750 dollars to those people thieves. 

Speaking of broken hearts...
We had gone right to bed that night and did little of anything in the way of unpacking. We threw our mattress on the floor and were just happy to not be sleeping on an inflatable mattress for once. So, Thursday was busy, needless to say, which included unwrapping our largest television, which was still wrapped in the movers' own padded blankets. Hhmmm, that's funny. Demon, I mean, Deon, spent all this time making sure he had all his padded moving blankets, removing the tape from them, and folding them neatly into the back of his truck, except for one; the one encompassing our 50" High Definition Plasma. Gulp. Had he purposely not unwrapped that one to take his blankets? Did he know what would be lurking behind the blankets, cardboard and tape? Nah, he told us he had never once had a broken TV. Not until our move. Yep. Sweet. Completely shattered is an understatement in describing what has been done to this television throughout the move process. It just figures it would happen to us. Need I say more? No, just look for yourself:


So that pretty much sums it up. We basically paid them $750 to break our TV. Sweet. My heart still hurts. Oh well, I'll get over it. I'm still very blessed to be with my Husband and our dog in our lovely home and that's exactly what I keep reminding myself about the Humpty Dumpty TV. It can't be put back together again. I know it's God's way of telling us we had one-too-many TV's. 

I PROMISE the next blog will be bright and cheerful! I plan to get the house cleaned and organized and post some pictures so y'all can see where we've settled. Okay, enough ranting raving venting blogging for today, back to job hunting! 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ali you need to find a job that has something to do with writing...you are so witty! Can't wait to hear if they ever pay for the broken t.v. See you in one week.
Love you,
Jenny