Football and Food
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS vs. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Buck and I hosted our first ever Superbowl party for Superbowl 44. There were only 6 people that came over, but a good time was had by all. We would definitely host a party again, whether it be for a future Superbowl or a Holiday party. Of course, I am already planning something for Independence Day!
What's the main thing you think of when you think of the Superbowl? The commercials, yes. Something else? Ah, the tight end's tight end, without a doubt. Oops, sorry guys, inappropriate. Oh yes, the FOOD! It's like a pseudo-Thanksgiving in February! Kind of like a half birthday, I guess. Well among the chips and dip, wings, chili, brownies, pop and beer, I attempted my first ever pulled pork recipe and SUCCEEDED! That's right, I can cook. WHO DAT?! (Go Saints!)
The pulled pork recipe was simple (just three ingredients) and deliciously outstanding. Everyone loved it, and boy, was I happy to have leftovers to enjoy another the next day. Don't worry, I wouldn't brag about delicious pulled pork sandwiches served on fresh kaiser rolls and leave you all salivating over what you're now subconsciously thinking of preparing for dinner tomorrow night without sharing the recipe. Though, I cannot take credit for the recipe, I can definitely enjoy it and pass it along. It can be found online at All Recipes. Please DO enjoy.
If you decide to make it and have any questions of how I made it, please feel free to leave a comment below and I'll email you separately. You may look at the recipe and ask "root beer? seriously?" yes, seriously. Trust me. Who knew it could be used so diversely. Again, trust me. You can thank me later.
Tuesday, February 09, 2010
|
|
This entry was posted on Tuesday, February 09, 2010
You can follow any responses to this entry through
the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response,
or trackback from your own site.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment