Double Surprise!

That past month has been a really awesome, blessed few weeks for me. I have an amazing Husband who knows when I need a pick-me-up in life, and knows just how to cure any lolls life may throw my way. I also, have an amazing family, who is willing to drop everything, just because, to fly from Oregon to Michigan to visit me, simply because they love and miss me. I truly am a blessed woman, and I never take that for granted.

My Hubby and Family also know that I am always one who LOVES surprises. Any kind, any time, any place, even if the surprise is not for me. I just love the joy that goes into the act of a surprise. Lucky for me, I received two surprises within the past month. Buck secretly worked with my parents on one trip and my brother on another trip to fly them out here to stay for 4 days each, without my knowledge.

Well, okay, I lied. The first time around, when my parents came to visit, I kind of found out two days prior to their arrival. However, I wasn't trying to find out, after all, I didn't really know. I sort of stumbled upon the idea that they were coming to visit when Buck would ask me things like "when was the last time we cleaned the spare bedroom?" or my mom would tell me something like "your dad and I will both be in a meeting all day Thursday afternoon and I'll be turning my phone off." See, I'm a smart girl. In my next life, I may work for the FBI or CIA or become a PI working on my own. Who knows. Regardless, when I hear those questions or statements, my mind automatically responds with "when was the last time you cared about anything relating to the spare bedroom?" and "when was the last time you turned your phone off? only when you're flying..." So naturally, I just figured it out. (Pictures from my parents visit in the previous blog)

However, the second time around, when Cameron (my brother) came to visit, I had NO CLUE. I cried and hugged him for a full five minutes. It was such an amazing thing that he got to come hang out for four days, especially since he leaves tomorrow to study abroad in Australia for five months! For those who really know me, know that Cam and I are really close, so this was awesome; and I didn't even ruin the surprise for myself, which made it that much better. (Pictures coming soon in a separate blog)

Both visits from both my parents and my brother were truly a dream come true. We had so much fun, ate a lot, did fun things, and really enjoyed each other's company. I love my Hubby, Parents and Brother and couldn't ask for a better family. You all truly are the greatest. And with Buck's handy tech work, he video taped both surprises for all of us to remember forever. So, without further adieu, the videos of my two surprises:


0 comments: