Ali's First Week @ Work!
Hey Everyone! What a week it has been! Most of you know I started my job this past Monday at American Eagle Outfitters. Their Home Office Headquarters is here, and I am working in the Lease Administration Department as a Lease Analyst. What exactly do I do? A lot, actually. We take care of all the bills, invoices, statements, payments, etc. for every retail store in the world. Right now, we have stores in the US (obviously), Canada, and Puerto Rico. So basically, we pay rent, utilities, mall fees, etc. You'd think it'd be boring based on the sounds of it, but it's actually a very busy job, and I really like it. I am learning a lot! I am learning all the legal terminology in a commercial lease, which is actually important stuff to know, and some of what I learn can be used when Buck and I buy a house. Pretty cool stuff.
Anyway, back to the fun part, On my first day my department held a floor wide "welcome" breakfast for me. We had bagels, doughnuts, juice, water, fresh fruit, coffee, etc. It was pretty cool and I got to meet a bunch of people.
Then they took me to lunch at the Cafeteria on campus and I got a free lunch. They also had a gift basket delivered to me full of cool stuff! One hard plastic AEO water bottle, 2 disposable AEO water bottles, a shirt, candy, chocolate, cashews, trail mix, key chain bottle opener, magazine, free one year subscription to Pittsburgh magazine, m&m's (color coded to match the American Eagle colors), an aerie tote, a camouflage draw string back pack, coupons for free lunches at the cafeteria, and probably more, but I forget because there was so much stuff! I was seriously surprised, impressed and amazed! What a GREAT way to start a new job!
Then my mom and dad had flowers delivered to me at work to congratulate me on my new job! They are the sweetest parents ever! I love you and miss you both Mom & Dad!!
Aren't my flowers pretty?!
SOOOO.... Needless to say, I LOVE my job so far. The people are really nice too, so that's a bonus. And I was lucky to land a job so quickly. I think I'll definitely like it here in the long run. Based on the first week, I know I will. Thanks for reading my blog and I'll keep you all update on how things go!
Saturday, February 23, 2008
|
|
This entry was posted on Saturday, February 23, 2008
You can follow any responses to this entry through
the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response,
or trackback from your own site.
2 comments:
Congrats on your new job! Sounds like you are really enjoying it so far!
Ali, I never got the chance to congratulate you and Buck on your engagement! I am so happy for you both and will check into your blog and live vicariously through your Pittsburgh adventures. Your new job sounds fabulous! That is the way to greet a new employee as great as you are - with tons of gifts!
We will miss your passion on the soccer field not to mention your amazing throw-ins! I'm glad to hear you are going to try and get involved in coaching volleyball.
I wish you the very best! Shari
Post a Comment